We in the Carrickfergus Junior Gateway are committed to practice which treats all of our members and volunteers with dignity and sensitivity.
Where intimate personal care is needed, this will always be done sensitively and appropriately with high regard for privacy and dignity.
We will endeavour to do this by:
- Adopting procedures for dealing with intimate personal care.
- Assessing the level of support required for each member and involving members in their own intimate personal care.
- Applying the principles of same gender care where possible.
- Adopting guidelines to be used by staff and volunteers when delivering intimate personal care.
- Sharing information about these guidelines with members, parents and volunteers.
- Carrying out regular risk assessments for members.
- Providing effective support and training for our volunteers and members.
We are also committed to reviewing our policy and practice at regular intervals.